Vietnamese news on xaluan.com reports that a man was hospitalized after using bear bile back in September. At the beginning of this year, he started drinking bear bile mixed with wine in the hope of becoming stronger. However, after one month, he developed itches and came out in rashes. He became increasingly fatigued, lost his appetite and was also diagnosed with cirrhosis.
Doctor Nguyen Huu Truong from Bach Mai hospital said this was a case of allergic reaction to bear bile. Patients suffering such allergies must often undergo long-term and very costly treatment – another reason why consuming bear bile makes no sense at all.
Photo courtesy of xaluan.com